Pelvic Floor Therapy
- Find the relief you are looking for from urgency, incontinence and pelvic pain through a non-surgical treatment known as pelvic floor therapy.
- The goal of this therapy is to help retrain the muscles of the pelvic floor to restore both strength and function.
- Sometimes patients will become frustrated when they don’t notice the results they want through pelvic floor exercises such as “Kegel exercises.”
- Unfortunately, the issue is that most patients aren’t performing them correctly and won’t get the results they want.
- Luckily, our medical team is able to offer biofeedback therapy with results that truly work.
Learn more about Pelvic Floor Therapy, call (770) 622-9810!
We will choose the proper pelvic floor therapy based on the type of incontinence you are experiencing.
Before we perform this treatment we will first conduct a physical exam and talk with you about your symptoms to determine which type of pelvic floor therapy is appropriate.
For initial treatment, we often combine both non-surgical therapy and medication to help combat pelvic pain and retrain muscles.
During each visit, we will also check your progress and discuss your overall treatment plan for each session.
On average, pelvic floor therapy is performed once a week over about six weeks.
Each therapeutic session lasts about one hour while subsequent sessions will take less time.
If you have questions about pelvic floor therapy or whether treatment is right for you, call our office today at (770) 622-9810.