How your Cumming, GA, gynecologists keep the women of Johns Creek, Suwanee, Alpharetta, and Dawsonville healthy!
Learn why it’s important to schedule regular visits to see an OBGYN at certain ages and stages in your lifetime. A doctor at Complete Women’s Healthcare in Cumming, GA, (also serving patients in Johns Creek, Suwanee, Alpharetta, and Dawsonville, GA) will help you sort out your women’s health needs.
What Does an OBGYN Do?
An OBGYN is very attentive to the unique and important needs of women. This specialist covers a wide range of treatments and therapies for women, including:
- Pap smears (a test that looks at a patient’s cervix).
- Colposcopy and biopsy of cells in the cervix.
- Family planning counseling and birth control options.
- Pregnancy tests, prenatal tests, and maternal blood tests.
- Infertility treatments for women who are trying to conceive.
- Pelvic floor therapy.
- Menopausal therapies.
Why Are Regular OBGYN Visits Important?
Regular OBGYN visits are important when women are experiencing important life changes, including menstruation, puberty, pregnancy, and menopause. The reproductive system of a woman is complex and requires regular monitoring. Your primary care provider will likely refer you to see an OBGYN at least once per year for a routine checkup. If you’re at a low to average risk for cervical cancer, STDs, and other conditions, that may change to once every three years, although if you are pregnant or trying to conceive, more regular visits are advised.
Things to Discuss with Your OBGYN
Here are a few important topics of discussion you may want to bring up with your OBGYN at your next visit:
- How to prevent treat and prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
- Your birth control options, as there are many modern solutions available.
- Family planning questions (what concerns do you have about getting pregnant?).
- How to best manage pre-menopause or menopause symptoms, including hormonal changes.
See a Women’s Doctor
As a woman, there are health needs that only an OBGYN can help you address. Call (770) 622-9810 today to schedule an appointment at Complete Women’s Healthcare. The main office is in Cumming, GA, and serves patients in Johns Creek, Suwanee, Alpharetta, and Dawsonville, GA.
View to view pregnancy information for expectant mothers