The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that about 10 percent of women struggle with infertility, which is defined as difficulty getting pregnant or maintain a pregnancy. If you’re having trouble conceiving, an OBGYN at Complete Women’s Healthcare in Cumming, GA (also serving Johns Creek, Suwanee, Dawsonville, Alpharetta, GA) can evaluate your case and let you know if you’re a candidate for infertility treatment.
Your Fertility Evaluation
A number of tests can determine if there is a problem with infertility. Possible causes of infertility include a damaged uterus, fallopian tube, or ovaries. Large fibroids may also interfere with the ability to conceive. You’ll also provide your gynecologist with a full sexual and medical history at your initial exam, including medications, allergies, and past or current health conditions. A standard fertility evaluation may also include your partner—a semen analysis will determine if sperm count or sluggishness may be the issue.
If the result of your evaluation is that you have a specific problem with infertility, your OBGYN offers several therapies. These are some of the options for increasing the chance of getting pregnant:
- Fertility medication (may be prescribed to both men and women).
- Surgery to alleviate gynecological conditions, such as endometriosis, cysts, or fallopian tubes that are blocked.
Increasing Your Chances of Conceiving
You’ll work closely with your OBGYN while receiving infertility treatment. Between appointments, there are actions you can take to increase your chances of having a baby:
- Decrease your consumption of alcohol and caffeine.
- Eat better foods (more antioxidant-rich foods and protein, less carbs).
- If either partner smokes or uses tobacco problems, start a cessation program immediately.
- Stay active, exercise, and reduce stress. Try to relax more.
Call for Your Evaluation
If you’re trying to conceive but experiencing challenges, see an OBGYN at Complete Women’s Healthcare for a consultation and fertility evaluation. The office is in Cumming, GA, and also serves Johns Creek, Suwanee, Dawsonville and Alpharetta, GA. Call 770-622-9810 today to set up an appointment with Dr. Dori Kasparek, Dr. Supriya Rao, Dr. Akiva Gimpelevich or Dr. Hindiya Mustafa.